A Project Oriented File
Archiver for Windows 95/98/NT4
Combining the functionality of a Zip archiver, a backup program and a version control
Registration and purchasing
Free File Split/Unsplit
|New! 16-Jul-99 CanIt 2.0 Released
- Multiple versions and versioning information stored in a single archive.
- Full and incremental versioning.
- Differential and full version updates can be exported and imported.
- Optional password encryption of archives and archive update files.
- Version profiles defined using wildcard file inclusion/exclusion on a folder by folder
- Versions can be saved and restored from any mix of local and network drives
- Drive mapped and UNC file names supported.
- User defined fileset templates.
- Saved version descriptions and attributes.
- Flexible save and restore options.
- Automatic archive compaction options.
- Files can be opened, viewed and edited directly from the application.
- User configurable tools menus to execute and pass files to other applications.
- Startup command-line options to open and update archives.
- Wizards to assist archive creation.
- File split/unsplit commands.
- Zip Tool for creating and managing Zip archives.
- Archived files can be selectively exported to a single Zip file.
- Archives are compressed using industry standard PKZip 2.04g file format.
- Windows 95, 98 and NT 4 compatible.
|CanIt is a project oriented file archiver for Windows
95/98/NT4. It combines the functionality of a Zip archiver, a backup program and a version
control system. CanIt provides a quick and easy way to save, maintain and restore multiple
versions of a selection of files from disparate folders and storage devices.
CanIt manages saved Versions of selected folders and files. Multiple
versions are saved in a single compressed Can archive file. Can files are Zip format
compatible and are a convenient way to exchange predefined sets of project related files
and their revisions, and revision information.